PRIMAVERA RISK ANALYSIS TRAINING
BENEFIT FROM MESLI CONSULTING’S EXPERTISE
Objectives of the Primavera Risk Analysis training :
Objectives of Primavera risk analysis training are to master the software functions in order to contribute to decision making and evaluate probabilities concerning deadlines and finances in order to mitigate risks and more specifically those concerned by an EPC project (Engineering, Procurement, Construction).
Learning outcomes :
At the end of the training each participant will be able to evaluate uncertainties concerning timeframes and costs.
This Primavera risk analysis training programme is for project managers and everyone implicated in one of the company projects.
You need to know fundamentals of project management.
Training Material :
Each participant will have access to Primavera P6 and Primavera & Risk Analysis applications in addition to the training brochure. The training is made of genuine case study complying with the functionalities of Primavera Risk Analysis.
THE TRAINING PROGRAM
Introduction to the Basics of Quantitative Risk Analysis – Why use of Primavera Risk Analysis can improve your schedule and risk analysis?
Difference between a deterministic parameter and an uncertain parameter for durations and costs
- Probabilistic risk modelling
- Difference between uncertainty and risk
- Main benefits of quantitative risk analysis
Preparation of the risk analysis – Configuration of input data
- Importing project schedules from Primavera P6 or MS Project
- Modification of scheduling options (calendars, resources, costs)
- Assignment of resources to activities
- Task coding with Primavera Risk Analysis
- Group and sort activities
- schedule check with Primavera Risk Analysis
- How to Secure the Baseline?
- Modelling uncertainty on durations and costs
- Establishing a strategy for assigning uncertainties to task
- Use of hierarchical modeling (WBS)
- Modelling risks related to events compiled in the risk register
- Import and export of the risk register to Excel
- Integration of weather constraints
- Risks hierarchy by impact
Launching Risk Analysis – How the risk analysis works on Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis.
- Improvement of time and cost estimates
- Effect of skewed distribution
- Effect of parallel paths
- Effect of correlations between tasks
- Description of the calculation method of Oracle Primavera Risk (Monte-Carlo simulation)
- Use of iteration simulation
Use of risk analysis to mitigate risks – Use of output data to limit the impact on your projects
- Creation of customized reports (graphs and tables)
- Distribution chart
- Display of P-planning
- Risk factors, tornado chart
- Sensitivity measurement (cruciality, …)
- Interpretation of Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis charts
- Penalty assessment
- Risk pre-mitigation & post-mitigation
- Implementation of risk scenarios
- Customized reporting according to your needs
Conclusion on Primavera Risk Analysis training
- Workshop (optional)