Our MS Project training is dedicated to anyone wishing to improve their planning skills, to succeed in the management of their projects.
In 2 days, you will learn how to master Microsoft Project to succeed in planning and managing your projects whatever your area of activity.
Microsoft Project is a project management software tool published by Microsoft. It allows project managers and planning engineers to plan and manage their projects, manage resources and budget, as well as analyse and communicate data to the Project Management Department.
Do not hesitate to CONTACT or call us for a quota and customised trainingprograms.
Objectives of MS PROJECT Introduction and Context training are to learn the essential functions of the software package, develop project planning methods, master the techniques for monitoring progress and assist your teams on one of your projects.
At the end of the training session, each participant will be able to plan and manage a project with the MS Project tool.
This MS PROJECT Introduction and Context training programme is for project managers and everyone implicated in one of the company projects.
You need to know fundamentals of project management.
Methods used :
This training will include exercises, exchanges and simulations.
Training materials :
Each trainee will be attributed with a PC with the Microsoft Project software installed. All participants will receive the training materials at the end of the training. This training programme is made up of a theoretical part as well as a case study.
Assessment methods :
Assessments of acquired knowledge through self-assessment exercises and end-of-training certificate.
Day 1: Introduction, structuring and creation of projects on MS Project
- The Fundamental Principles of Project Management
- Introduction to the tool
Structure of Projects under MS Project
- Define the language to be displayed
Creating a Project
- Create a project
- Changing project information and settings
- Detailed project information
Structure of the Project
- Creating the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for your project
- Setting the WBS hierarchy levels
- Setting up and configuring calendars
- The different types of calendars
- Assigning calendars to tasks
- Create tasks
- Task Details
- Creating links between tasks
- Copy – Paste tasks
Definition of the Network
- Definition of logical networks – PERT planning
- Definition of task constraints
- Display total and free float of the schedule
- Define and create task codes
- Assigning a code to a task
- Group and sort your data
- Filter tasks by batch
- Filter your project’s critical tasks
- Configuring Presentations
- Using keyboard shortcuts to optimize data entry
Day 2: Assigning Resources and Costs for controlling your project with MS Project
- Definition of project resources
- Resource Details
- Resource allocation
- Define resource curves
- Setting up the resource histogram and load control
Assigning Costs to Tasks
- Assigning Expenditures to Tasks
- Breakdown of the project budget
- Analysis of the critical paths of the project
- Analysis of resources and histograms by batch and as a whole
- Resource Allocation Profile
- Planning unit of time
- Date and unit settings
Assigning a Reference Schedule
- Create a reference schedule (Baseline)
- View the reference bars in the schedule
Project Implementation and Monitoring
- Schedule progress procedure
- Planning your project with MS Project
- Analyzing Variances with MS Project
- View progress resources
Layout and Printing
- Edit and print your planning reports
- Print a resource histogram
Importing and Exporting Data
- Export your schedule to Excel
- Export your schedule to XML and MPP Format