The objectives of this training are to acquire good contract management practices.
- Identify the fundamentals of contract management and claims management practices,
- control the life cycle of your contract, identify the risks and deficiencies of the contract,
- implement the contract strategy from the project starting, analyse and act on the interactions between project management and contract management.
Day 1 Introduction
Introduction and Generalities :
- What is complex project management?
- The interactions between project management and contract management
- Identify the life cycle and the different phases of a project
- The tools of project management and contract administration
- Defining the scope of your projects – organization and hierarchical division
- The importance of the Project Management Plan
- Deployment of processes and document management
- Case Studies
Cost and Schedule Management :
- Cost and schedule management
- Estimating durations and workloads to assess human stakes: analytical method, expert judgment.
- Sequencing tasks: PERT network, Gantt chart: free float, total float, critical path.
- Planning and smoothing of resources.
- Estimating project costs and developing budgets
- Performance analysis using EVM
- Knowing the acceptance criteria in a project
- Removing non-conformities from projects
- Implement quality procedures to eliminate conflicts and inconsistencies
- Establish quality-related reviews and feedback
- The challenges of risk and opportunity management planning
- Identification of risks: gathering information, bringing together those who know
- Qualitative analysis: description and categorization of risks, evaluation of probability and impact of risk.
- Quantitative analysis: evaluation and matrix of risk probability and impact, criticality, risk modeling.
- Monte Carlo simulations and analysis of pre and post mitigation scenarios
- Risk monitoring and control: risk audit, gap and trend analysis, performance measurement.
- Case studies
Management and Communication:
- Organizing your projects and managing / monitoring your teams
- Leading a project team
- Planning communication: communication methods and models
- Disseminating information and reporting: what frequency and method of reporting?
- Managing, negotiating and managing conflicts: divergences, tensions, blockages, conflicts, …