Our training is delivered by contract management & claims management experts recognized for their skills and expertise in project management, in France and Internationally, with a specialization in project control.
- Objectives of this training are to acquire good contract management practices.
- Identify the fundamentals of contract management and claims management practices,
- control the life cycle of your contract, identify the risks and deficiencies of the contract,
- implement the contract strategy from the project starting, analyse and act on the interactions between project management and contract management.
At the end of this training, each participant will be able to contribute to good contract management practices.
This training is intended for project managers and all resources involved in a project.
The fundamentals of project management.
Each participant will be provided with a PC with Primavera P6 or MS Project installed. All participants will be provided with training materials at the beginning of the course. This training includes a theoretical part, as well as several practical case studies so that you can improve your skills. This training includes also a case study.
Evaluation of the acquired knowledge via exercises, self-evaluation and end-of-training certificate.
Day 1 Introduction
Introduction and Generalities :
- What is complex project management?
- The interactions between project management and contract management
- Identify the life cycle and the different phases of a project
- The tools of project management and contract administration
- Defining the scope of your projects – organization and hierarchical division
- The importance of the Project Management Plan
- Deployment of processes and document management
- Case Studies
Cost and Schedule Management :
- Cost and schedule management
- Estimating durations and workloads to assess human stakes: analytical method, expert judgment.
- Sequencing tasks: PERT network, Gantt chart: free float, total float, critical path.
- Planning and smoothing of resources.
- Estimating project costs and developing budgets
- Performance analysis using EVM
- Knowing the acceptance criteria in a project
- Removing non-conformities from projects
- Implement quality procedures to eliminate conflicts and inconsistencies
- Establish quality-related reviews and feedback
- The challenges of risk and opportunity management planning
- Identification of risks: gathering information, bringing together those who know
- Qualitative analysis: description and categorization of risks, evaluation of probability and impact of risk.
- Quantitative analysis: evaluation and matrix of risk probability and impact, criticality, risk modeling.
- Monte Carlo simulations and analysis of pre and post mitigation scenarios
- Risk monitoring and control: risk audit, gap and trend analysis, performance measurement.
- Case studies
Management and Communication:
- Organizing your projects and managing / monitoring your teams
- Leading a project team
- Planning communication: communication methods and models
- Disseminating information and reporting: what frequency and method of reporting?
- Managing, negotiating and managing conflicts: divergences, tensions, blockages, conflicts, …